St. Paul Heating Repair
24-Hour Emergency Heater & Furnace Repair in Minneapolis
When it's cold outside, there is no good time for your heating equipment to suddenly stop working. In fact, most times when we get calls for heating repairs, the homeowner had no idea that the heating system was failing.
Regardless of what type of heating system you have in your home, our St. Paul heating repair technicians at Hoffman Cooling & Heating understand the importance of getting it working again quickly. We are dedicated to showing up when you need us and correcting problems, returning your home to a comfortable temperature.
We provide St. Paul heating repair for a wide range of units, including:
Schedule prompt, dependable & effective heating repair in St. Paul, MN, or anywhere in Minneapolis by calling (612) 255-5883 or contacting us online today!
Types of Heating Problems We Fix
There are many different types of problems that can cause trouble for your heating system, depending on the make and model you have. Fortunately, with seven decades of experience, our HVAC contractors are experts at getting to the bottom of all types of issues and determining the exact cause. Once we figure out what the source of the problem is, we can provide you with a solution and our recommendation.
A Few of the Most Common Issues We Solve Include:
Should You Repair or Replace Your Heater?
The bitter cold winters in Minnesota cause residents to rely heavily on their central heating systems for comfort. Unfortunately, like all mechanical appliances, home heaters have a finite lifespan and will eventually reach a point where they will need to be replaced.
Since installing a new heater can be a considerable investment, making the decision between repairing an aging unit and replacing it with a new one entirely can be a difficult one. Our St. Paul heating repair specialists can perform a thorough inspection of your existing heating system and recommend a suitable solution that makes sense for your needs and budget.
Generally speaking, you can probably get away with repairing your heater if:
- Your heating system is still covered under warranty
- Repairs cost less than half of the unit's current depreciated value
- Your heater has been regularly maintained and is still in generally good condition
- Your heater is less than 10 years old
A heater replacement makes more sense if:
- Your heater is subject to frequent breakdowns
- Your heater is 15 years old or older
- Repairs cost more than half of your unit's current depreciated value
- Your heater no longer keeps you comfortable
- Your monthly heating costs continue to rise
4 Signs you May Need Heating Repair
We know that the last thing you want is for your heater to break down in the dead of winter. It's never fun to need to repair your heating system and it's certainly not fun when it breaks down completely. To avoid sudden heater system failures and make sure that you and your household stay warm, here are 4 signs to be on the look out for, in order to avoid having your heater completely break down.
- Odd noises from Your Vents - Strange noises that come from your heating system are sometimes easy to ignore. An odd noise from your vents is something that isn't a bother, but in reality it can be an early indicator of a major mechanical issues. If you hear a buzzing noise, pop or bang, this could be your heat exchanger failing.
- Heating Bill is Very Expensive - Do you notice you heating bill going up month over month and you just can't seem to get the bill to go down?? This also could be a problem with your heating running nonstop or not cycling properly.
- Increasing the Thermostat Never Seems to Warm The Home - No matter how much you increase the temperature on your thermostat, your home never seems to get warm enough. Your heating system running nonstop and cause parts to wear down ever quicker, meaning you'll likely have to replace the system sooner rather than later.
- Your heater cycles on and off frequently - We call this, "short-cycling" and it shouldn't be ignored. If you heater or AC is short cycling it's because the unit isn't running long enough to complete a heating cycle.
Schedule Reliable 24-Hour Emergency Heating Repair in St. Paul Today
Although we recommend maintenance for your heating system to prevent the need for major repairs, we understand this is not always possible. If your heater is failing during winter, our emergency heating repair technicians in Minneapolis can show up anytime 24/7 to solve your problem.
In addition to repair services, we also offer the installation and replacement of heating systems. We do everything in our power to repair your system when we show up. However, a time may come where it may be in your best interest to replace your existing equipment.
Call (612) 255-5883 or submit a contact form online to schedule your St. Paul heating repair today. We serve all of Minneapolis!